At Warner Music Group, we focus on our people. Our global company is made up of skilled, passionate and creative people. Our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute and grow. We believe in the worth of every individual and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of each member of the WMG team around the world to create a stimulating environment for artists, songwriters and the people behind music – at every stage of their careers. We strive to differentiate WMG by embracing innovation, which is an integral part of our business DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Please include a short cover letter next to your CV to support your application.
A little about our team:
The creative production team plays a key role within WMUK’s physical and digital supply chain. We are the central cog that gets things done. Uniquely, we work closely with almost every department in the business, such as; A&R, Marketing, Commercial, Finance, Business Affairs, Production, Digital Operations, Press & Promotions as well as the artists and their management.
We are a tight-knit group of 9 music lovers, divided into two teams; Frontline (new music by Ed Sheeran, Liam Gallagher, Dua Lipa, Ghetts & Coldplay, etc.) and Catalog (reissues of legendary acts like The Smiths, David Bowie and Pink Floyd, etc.).
Why this might be your next big break:
- Working on the Frontline side of the company, you will be working on the company’s latest music from legendary record labels; Atlantic, Parlophone and Warner Records
- Warner is a large music company with an indie spirit
- We love to create tangible music products that fans love and that reflect the intentions of our music and our artists, but we are also at the forefront of how music companies navigate the ever-changing digital landscape. .
Here you will access:
- You will be responsible for creating a list of physical and digital formats including; boxes, vinyl records, CD / DVD / Blu-Ray and digital outputs. This includes obtaining marketing / artist / management approved formats, sourcing music and label copying from A&R, coordinating the design, and arranging for delivery of production pieces in the deadlines.
- In particular, the SCPC can handle large-scale and high specification projects. This will involve coordinating the development of complex products, often early on, working closely with designers, artist management, print specialists and the product preparation team at WMIS. Refine product mockups and proofs as necessary, and ensure the highest level of quality control throughout the printing and production processes.
- Define and communicate critical paths for key releases across multiple formats, including D2C releases where applicable, and ensure they are followed.
- Disseminate regular updates of the project to stakeholders; address and resolve issues / concerns related to the physical or digital format.
- Work closely with digital and PDM operations, coordinate the creation and timely ingestion of all standard / high resolution digital formats, in accordance with the latest industry standards and future developments.
- QC of digital audio files to validate integrity; 16-bit / 24-bit HD WAV and a range of sample rates, etc.
- Obtain product costs from WMIS for all non-standard versions, working closely with finance, commerce and marketing to align packaging specifications with agreed guidelines. Obtain cost approval from WMUK Finance prior to parts delivery
- Ensure confidential and security versions follow relevant procedures at all times, coordinating global security plans and best practices. Liaise with international affiliates, IFPI and other advisory bodies as needed.
- Securely send some of the company’s pre-release music to internal / external contacts worldwide such as Spotify, Apple, renowned journalists, radio presenters, etc.
- Contribute directly to the developments and new functionalities of the promotion system and the iOS / Android applications.
- You have first-rate project management skills, with the ability to coordinate and execute campaigns with external partners; versatile attitude and ability to prioritize workload effectively.
- You are highly organized and efficient with the ability to meet deadlines in an often pressured environment.
- Collaborative, team player, ability to build good relationships with colleagues (internal and external)
- Proactive and forward thinking
- You have an excellent understanding of digital files, music technology; experience in the day-to-day use of a wide variety of computer systems.
- Shows an interest in current trends and is constantly looking for new packaging ideas and processes in the industry.
- You ideally justify a first experience in a similar position within a label or a similar environment, of a minimum duration of 2 years
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Experience with design packages such as Photoshop and InDesign
- An understanding of audio file formats; bit depth, sample rate, 24-bit / 192kHz WAV, MP3, etc., knowledge of Adobe Audition
- Knowledge of the printing process
- Experience in vinyl production
- An interest in sustainability and / or recycling, when it comes to music packaging
- Experience in computer systems development project management; ability to consider the implications of GUI changes, testing in UAT environments, and deploying new developments, including subsequent training
With its large and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the music industry’s best-known labels, including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers with a catalog of over one million copyright worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been a leading force in the industry providing a range of world-class services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and businesses. Artist & Label Services unites WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – WEA’s pioneering distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the revolutionary global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Do you like this job and want to apply?
Click on the âApplyâ link at the top of the page or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all the information you put in your profile, but still allow you to upload a CV and cover letter.
Don’t be discouraged if you don’t hear from us right away. We take the time to review all resumes and find the best people for WMG.
Thank you for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here and think you will like it too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity workplace and will assess qualified candidates regardless of race, religious belief, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
WMG is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to its employees and job applicants to ensure that people with disabilities have equal access to all employment opportunities. If you are a candidate who requires accommodation due to a disability in order to complete a job application, use or access www.wmg.com/careers or during any phase of the job application process. hiring, please contact us at [email protected] with the subject line: âRequest for accommodation for people with disabilitiesâ. Emails unrelated to hosting requests will not be processed.
Copyright Â© 2021 Warner Music Inc.