Would you like to be part of a dynamic team, working for one of the world’s largest publishers of fully open peer-reviewed journals? We have a great new role for an Editorial Production Editor to manage a journal portfolio from submission to production to final publication.
Based in London, this interesting and diverse role will allow you to work with colleagues globally to manage the manuscripts in your portfolio, as you will be the primary contact for your colleagues, authors, reviewers and editors abroad.
What you gonna do
- Manage your own journal portfolio from submission to final publication
- Identify new efficiencies to suggest process changes
- Keep your line manager updated on your portfolio performance
- Perform spot checks on the production of foreign suppliers, ensuring quality and accuracy
- Work on supplier and operational projects
- Take a proactive approach to improve quality, lead times and author experience within your portfolio
The successful candidate will have proven experience in the field of production or writing within the publishing of STM journals, ideally with knowledge of open access. You will have experience working with foreign suppliers and the ability to work under tight deadlines. A keen eye for detail is essential, as is the ability to prioritize your workload. Our client will have a hybrid work policy, but for the time being, staff continue to work from home.
For more details on this role, please send your CV and a short cover note outlining your interests and salary expectations. This position carries an attractive salary and benefits, as well as the possibility of advancing within the team.